If you enjoy biking, it’s a good idea to store your bikes safely. You don’t want your bikes piled up in your garbage where they can get in your way and fall over. As you know, bikes can take up a lot of space and be difficult to move around at home. The best solution to this is by using a wall bike mount.
Wall bike mounts are exactly what they sound like. They’re a tool you can use to hang up your bikes neatly against a wall so they’re out of your way. After using a wall bike mount, you’ll realize how much extra space you actually have in your garbage or office.
Now, let’s talk about some of the best bike mounts on the market. We carefully handpicked each and every one of these, so be sure to give them all a read before making an informed purchase decision!
Here are the TOP 5 Velo Rack Mounts
The Omni Bike Storage Rack definitely deserves a spot on the list of best bike racks. There are many obvious features that make this bike rack a success, here are a few of them:
- Storing capabilities. The Omni Bike Rack can store five bikes up to 200 lbs. Since the average bike weighs between 21 and 29 pounds, you shouldn’t have a problem storing your bikes. However, it’s important you weigh each of your bikes just in case. The bike rack is also made of heavy-duty steel, so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down.
- With the thousands of different bikes out there, you’ll want a bike rack that can store any bike. The Omni Bike Rack does a great job of that. Its versatile design allows it to store any type of bike, including mountain, road, hybrid, beach, and other bikes.
- This wall bike mount comes with customizable mounting points that allow you to store your bikes as you see fit. The locking pins will make sure every bike is safely secured no matter how you customized the mounting points.
This bike mount is an incredibly inexpensive way to neatly store your bikes. That’s why it also deserves a spot as one of the best wall bike mounts. For such a tiny and simple product, its capabilities are extraordinary. Here are some of its key features:
- Simplicity and storing capabilities. As mentioned, the Dirza Bike Mount is a very tiny and simple product to use. It’s only 10 inches long and 2.5 inches wide. However, each hanger is able to hold up to 65 lbs of weight! Unfortunately, because of its small design, it won’t be able to store large tires and some electronic bikes.
- Anti-scratch hook. Whether you’re an avid cyclist or not, you don’t want your bikes to get damaged. Dirza’s bike hangers have a thick rubber cover on their hooks to prevent any scratches on the rim of your bike.
- If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to mount and unmount your bike, the Dirza Bike Rack is a great choice. You can easily hang and remove your bikes from these hangers in a matter of seconds. With this much practicality, it almost feels like magic!
Another bike mount that deserves a spot on the best bike mount list is from Feedback Sports. Their Velo Bike Rack is a unique way to store your bike in a horizontal position. This can be valuable for those who don’t have the space to store their bikes upright. Here are some other key features of this bike rack:
- Storing capabilities. This simple bike rack is only 11.8 inches long and 3.6 inches wide. Even with its small design, the rack can hold a bike up that’s up to 70 lbs! As we mentioned earlier, because it stores bikes in a horizontal position, this bike rack could be perfect for storage areas that have a short ceiling.
- Rubber arm holders. Feedback Sports cares about maintaining the fresh look of your bike. That’s why they designed their bike rack with rubber holders to prevent scratches.
- Adjustable cradle arms. On top of having rubber arm holders, they’re also adjustable. You can independently adjust each cradle arm so that the rack can hold bikes of different shapes and sizes.
The last wall bike mount that deserves a spot on this list is the Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack. For a reasonable price, this classic bike rack is another amazing option for cyclists who want to carefully store their bikes. Here are some key features:
- Easy storing. What makes this bike mount stand out is its storing capabilities. You’re able to mount your bikes upright by rolling the front tire into the rack. This means you’ll never have to lift the bike off the ground! This is extremely valuable for those who own heavy bikes or don’t want to lift their bikes at all. You can also swivel the rack side to side to make it fit in tight spaces.
- Storing capabilities. Each bike rack can hold up to 77 lbs with bikes tires that are between 20 and 29 inches in diameter and 2.4 inches wide. This storing capacity allows the rack to mount most bikes, excluding some with Mudguards.
- Durable and fold away arms. When you unmount a bike from the rack, it lays completely flat against the wall in a “closed position.” This means the racks will take up minimal space when they’re not in use.
What to look for in a wall bike mount:
- Storing capabilities. Depending on your situation, you need to look for a bike rack that can meet your storage needs. You might have tight spaces, a short ceiling, or awkward angles to work with. You may also have heavy bikes which some bike rakes can’t carry, so think about the storing capabilities carefully.
- Bike protection. It doesn’t matter whether a bike rack works or not if it damages your bikes. As a storing tool, bike hangers shouldn’t scratch or damage your bikes in any way.
- If you value performance, you’ll want to choose a bike rack that makes your life easier. You shouldn’t struggle to mount your bikes. It should be a simple and painless process that takes under 20-seconds.
- We recommend you always look for bike mounts that are durable. There’s no point in purchasing one that’ll break within a month or two. Look for bike racks that can keep your bikes stored safely for long periods of time.
To help you make an informed purchase decision, here are the conclusions we came up with:
- Go with the Omni Bike Storage Rack if you own 1-5 different bikes that weigh less than a total of 200 lbs.
- Go with the Dirza Bike Rack Wall Mount or Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack if you’re looking for a fast and easy way to store your bikes in tight areas.
- Go with the Feedback Velo Wall Bike Rack if you need to store your bikes in a horizontal position.